Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Could Learn Something from HIM??

This week I'm participating in Mama Kat's Writing Prompt. It's pretty much world famous, you know.


Anyway, I suppose there are a few things I could learn from the hubby. I don't like to dwell on them overmuch because in some weird way it makes me feel like I'm not right anymore-- and I'm always right! Right?! Still, I do admire the way he can punch the hell out of an air-filled bag and feel so much better. I mean, you'd think he'd gone skiing with Prince Valium on the Mountain of Insta-Therapy!


I tried it once, but all I got out of it was a set of prettily bruised knuckles (who doesn't love permanently wearing the colors blue, purple, and that drop-dead shade of faded green), and I was more pissed than before. Not to mention the explanation I had to give my 3 year old daughter.


"Why are you yelling, Momma?"


"Um..."  I got nothin.' How do you explain that to a 3 year old?


My hubby says I bruised because I wasn't hitting it correctly which is really code for: "Honey, you're just a wuss." I tell him I was just trying to stay fashionable all summer sporting these great new wearable colors.

3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to punch a bag tho not so much now..did not think of bruises!
    Just stopped by from Mama Kat to say hi!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he can show you how to hit it "correctly" and it will make you feel good? Or not your way is better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris- Thanks for stopping by :)

    Anita- Yes, my way is always better... even when its not. Haha!

    ReplyDelete