Sunday, June 26, 2011

Computers and Kids

     What do computers and kids have in common?

     Well, I'm actually not really sure, but when something is broken with either one, I have found that I am very good at pretending I know how to fix things as I frantically panic inside! Take, for instance, last night's computer fiasco.

     My daughter and her daddy-- my dear, sweet, amazing husband-- went on a weekend trip to  the beach to visit his relatives. I had to work and stay home all alone... in this house of silence... with the bed all to myself... not having to sleep on the pee pee side (see pee pee post)... using the bathroom in private... taking showers without Barbie... 

     I was seriously beat up about it, okay!

     Anyway, I'm getting a ton of writing work done (because I'm the awesome-est freelancer, chyeah) and over the top proud of myself for finishing so many projects. I see my glass of coke is getting low. I refill said glass and one  tiny  HUGE  drop of water falls on the letter "I" on my laptop keyboard. I wipe said droplet whose size will remain anonymous off the keyboard and continue writing.

     15 minutes later...

     On the phone, "Baby, the letter "I" has stopped working all of a sudden. Isn't that weird?"

     Alright, alright, I confessed my sins to the master of the household this afternoon! But, I'll have you know that the confession came after I frantically disabled the poor letter's cover, dried the underside with a q-tip, replaced the letter, and had a minor freak out when I thought I'd broken it.

     I tried to google how to fix the keyboard, but I couldn't type the "i" in "fix." 

I got a lot of great info on FX makeup, though.

     I finally fixed the letter "I" only to have it seek revenge on me by typing "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" into every text box on my computer and opening up a countless number of programs beginning with that foul letter!

     So, "I," obviously you're working once more, but I will never forget your attempt to bring down this computer and have my husband remind me not-so-subtly that this is technically his gaming slash entertainment laptop I just spilled dropped water on. Never.

     Hey, at least it wasn't the coke.

No comments:

Post a Comment