Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I just want my bed back!

I decided to start a parenting blog after my freelance work starting looking oddly, categorically similar... All my articles were geared toward parenting advice, tips, and humor. The more parenting articles I wrote, the more ideas for more bounced around in my brain. I realized that it was probably time to put that childcare and education background to work!


A little about me...


Well, I'm a freelance writer-- obviously-- with a sarcastic sense of humor that only my husband seems to really get. Everyone else think I'm just being mean for some really weird reason. Seriously, I have no clue. Honestly.


Anyway, I'm a mom to a soon-to-be preschooler, and I'm absolutely terrified of school buses now. Strange, right? My husband somehow still functions in our household when I get on a writing kick, though with no counter space because of all the dirty dishes, no dining room table under all my notes, and no dinner because I lost track of time... erhm... you get the gist of it. He's the bomb.


Do people still say that?

I'm not even twenty-five yet and already so very, very far behind the current slang of coolness. My husband jokes that he married a woman ten years younger than he and really twenty years older. 

So, I've decided to create this blog, which you will LOVE in case you were wondering, and I'm wracking my brain for a beginning post when it dawns on me. My daughter's summer visit with out of state grandparents is over tomorrow. I miss her, but I've really loved sleeping alone in my bed. Except for the bear snoring next to me. He doesn't count.

It's not that I don't love snuggling with my little girl. She really can be the sweetest, but when I wake up waaaayyy too early in the morning to, "Momma, there's pee in your bed," it kind of ruins the whole affect. I'd almost say I'm counting down to the day when the pull-up can go away for good (gone at naptime), but I can't even imagine what waking up to that much pee would do to my psyche.

I just want my bed back.. you know, the one without the pee.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Looking forward to more. I'm following now. - Amy

    http://motherhoodandmiscellany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- Thanks :) Knowing our household, there will be no shortage!

    ReplyDelete