Thursday, June 30, 2011

Put a leash on her!

     I could say that I have one HUGE pet peeve about how other parents raise their children, but I'd be lying. I have this mindset that I know everything, and I'm always right. How I got this way, I have no idea. My husband certainly hasn't gotten the message yet and wouldn't dream of indulging the thought in me. As pet peeves and other parents go, I have many!


     Still, for this posts's purposes, we'll just say I have narrowed it down to one.


    Pet Peeve of the Day:  Child Safety Leashes Harnesses


     Leashes are for dogs, not children. A big pet peeve I have is with parents who put leashes on their children. I can understand if you have two year old triplets prone to wandering or if god-forbid you have 8 children you aren't currently using as a paycheck, but most parents I see using leashes -- I mean, child safety harnesses -- have a single child. They have somehow convinced themselves that their interest is in making it impossible for their child to be lost or kidnapped when in reality, they are simply too lazy to keep an eye on their child to prevent this from happening on their own. 


     I guess it boils down to one thing, though. Lazy parents bother me! Maybe a tad bit beyond a pet peeve. 


Have a parenting pet peeve to share?

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I see your point here :-)
    Although as a parent, I get really scared taking any number of children to crowded places like the State Fair! I'm always petrified of losing them!
    Stopping by from MamaKat's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister used to use one on my niece *her only child*. I thought it was nuts! Really, hold her hand! I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Leslie- Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love!

    @ Anita- I feel the same.. obviously, lol! On the times I haven't had a hand free to hold my daughter's, I have her hold onto my belt loop or something. I can't do leashes. Eh.

    ReplyDelete